Articles by jeff, as well as conversations, books, videos and articles featuring jeff perera.
Watch Jeff’s second TEDx talk ‘The Ladder of Manhood’ a meditation on the shrinking circle of violence, the pursuit of identity, healthy vs. toxic masculinity, and how too many men are fluent in the language of violence.
Watch Jeff’s first TEDx talk ‘Words Speak Louder Than Actions‘ exploring the power of our words, the impact we all make, and the impact we CAN make!
Jeff is featured in Rachel Giese’s incredible book: ‘Boys. What It Means to Become a Man.
Jeff wrote this piece for Huffington Post to discuss ways men can move past our roadblocks and fears in striving to be an ally, and work towards social change, racial justice, and gender equality. Men can go from trying to always fix, and learn to listen and help when the time is right, going from ‘I got this’ to ‘I got you’.
Jeff talked to Robyn Doolittle for her book ‘Had It Coming: What’ Fair in the Age of #MeToo?’
Jeff talks to The Sporting News about outdated vs new
ideas of masculinity showing up on and off the field.
Men and boys worldwide are caught in cycles and storms that leave us speaking to one another in a language of violence… let’s start something.
Some of Jeff’s other media appearances!
- Jeff on Global News ‘The Morning Show’ talking about Ray Rice & Toxic Masculinity (scroll down for video!)
- Jeff featured as ManTalks ‘Man of the Week’!
- Jeff talking about men opening up
- Jeff featured in : ‘Please Be That Guy! 7 Men Who Are Transforming Masculinity
- Click to hear Jeff on CBC’s ‘The Current’ re: Male leaders taking responsibility for their behaviour vs dismissing it with ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ rhetoric
- Hear Jeff on CBC Radio’s ‘The Current’ discuss the role men and young men can play to help end violence against women